New Driver's Contract (PDF)
Not only does the New Driver’s Contract spell out the new driver’s responsibilities but it also makes it very clear how incredibly awesome his/her parents are to provide the resources needed to take on the huge responsibility of driving! We are pretty awesome, after all!
New Driver's Contract (PDF)
The New Driver's Contract is a one page PDF.
What's In The Contract?
- I understand driving is a great opportunity yet filled with responsibility. I am excited to drive and accept the responsibilities and consequences that come with it.
- I will let you know each time I leave. I will even tell you where I am going and my expected time of return. If, for some reason, I will not be home at my estimated time, I will shoot you a text or give you a call to assuage your fears that I’ve been abducted by aliens.
- When I arrive home, I will let my presence be known with a loud ‘hello’ as I enter the door. I wouldn’t want you to think I’m a stranger breaking in, after all.
- In the off chance I am pulled over by the men in blue or receive unwanted mail in the form of a ticket, I will in no shape or form ask, suggest, or even hint that anyone other than myself should pay for said ticket.
- You/I will pay $___ to insure my driving.
- You will provide $___ for gas each month. This amount is sufficient to get back and forth to school each day. I will be responsible enough to pay for gas when I choose to gallivant, get a job, give rides to friends, or use my vehicle for anything other than going to school.
- Speaking of friends, I hereby declare I will not give friends a ride until my probationary period of six months is up. After the six month mark, I will ask permission to transport friends and insist they ask their parents permission to ride with me as well.
- This is my car to drive and never would I ever let a friend or anyone other than family drive the vehicle that has been entrusted to me.
- Talking on the phone or texting while driving is just plain stupid. I won’t do that.
- Driving while under the influence is incredibly stupid too. I don’t want to die so I won’t do it. I also would never ride in a vehicle where the driver is impaired. Nope! Not gonna do it. I will call my awesome parents if I ever find myself in such a predicament.
- Road conditions contribute to my speed. I understand I may need to drive UNDER the posted speed limit if road conditions dictate. Examples of this might be crazy rain, fog, snow, ice, and a Zombie Apocalypse.
- My vehicle will be kept reasonably clean on the inside and out by none other than myself! I can wash a car like nobody’s business and I know where to find the shop vac.
- I will pay attention to the needs of my car and let you know when regular maintenance is warranted. I’m thrilled you are willing to pay for maintenance of the vehicle I drive.
- If I choose to break a rule, I understand my driving privileges will be revoked.
- As a matter of fact, I understand that my right to drive may be withdrawn at any time for any reason.
- My parents ROCK! I’m thrilled they are giving me the resources to drive and I am incredibly grateful! I will show my gratitude by taking school seriously and working hard to get great grades!
Stuff You Need To Know
This is a digital product. Nothing will be mailed.
The New Driver's Contract is for personal use only.
>>> Due to the digital nature of this item, there are no refunds.